The Center for Ecosystem Science and Society at Northern Arizona University studies how ecosystems respond to and shape environmental and climate change and works to communicate those discoveries in new ways to local and global communities. Collaborating with national laboratories and home to state-of-the-art research facilities, Ecoss trains scientists to apply broad trans-disciplinary thinking and leading-edge methods to the pressing challenges facing Earth.
News & Events
- New $764K award from Dept. of Energy will help better predict fate of permafrost carbon
- At Greyhills Academy in Tuba City, STEM students help chart their own course
- Drought affects aspen survival decades later, new NAU study finds
- In wild soil, predatory bacteria grow faster than their prey
- Deciduous trees offset carbon loss from Alaskan boreal fires, new study finds