The Center for Ecosystem Science and Society at Northern Arizona University studies how ecosystems respond to and shape environmental and climate change and works to communicate those discoveries in new ways to local and global communities. Collaborating with national laboratories and home to state-of-the-art research facilities, Ecoss trains scientists to apply broad trans-disciplinary thinking and leading-edge methods to the pressing challenges facing Earth.
News & Events
- A bridge to stronger, more diverse Earth sciences
- Decoding biological mysteries with algae: NAU team wins $3M from NSF to model microbiome
- 2021 Call for Graduate Students
- Relevant, dead, or both?: Team wins $15M from Department of Energy to study how microbes’ traits are linked to carbon storage
- What the future looks like: NAU student creates tool to make modeling easier for ecologists