The Center for Ecosystem Science and Society at Northern Arizona University studies how ecosystems respond to and shape environmental and climate change and works to communicate those discoveries in new ways to local and global communities. Collaborating with national laboratories and home to state-of-the-art research facilities, Ecoss trains scientists to apply broad trans-disciplinary thinking and leading-edge methods to the pressing challenges facing Earth.
News & Events
- NAU-led research team receives $9.6M to study how Alaska’s forests change, adapt to warmer future
- Lifestyles of the fast and slow (bacteria): In the wild, most live in the slow lane
- Does a warmer future favor microbial friend or foe? Ecoss researchers win $3.4M to study interactions in changing soil
- Future emissions from ‘country of permafrost’ significant, must be factored into global climate targets
- A bridge to stronger, more diverse Earth sciences